#Erasmus500 Social Media Toolkit
#Erasmus500 is a joint declaration elaborated by the European University Foundation (EUF), the European Students’ Union (ESU) and the Erasmus Student Network (ESN). We propose a reformulation of the Erasmus grant system into a more inclusive and transparent scheme with a baseline grant of 500€/month and call on all Higher Education institutions and stakeholders to support this proposal.
Purpose of this toolkit
This toolkit is meant to help supporters of #Erasmus500 to drive engagement and action among local/national and/or European communities via social media platforms. The rules of the Erasmus+ programme are reviewed every 7 years, and the next window of opportunity to affect positive change is NOW. Thus, it is crucial for everyone to take action and advocate for a more inclusive, transparent and empowering Erasmus+ grant system.
How can I help?
- Have you recently joined the #Erasmus500 campaign? Announce your support on social media using the samples below.
- Copy/paste the suggested social media posts or develop your own customised posts to share out the content.
- Add the #Erasmus500 hashtag to your social media posts and engage with us via your personal or institutional accounts.
- Follow the EUF, ESN and ESU on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram and share their content; don’t forget to use the #Erasmus500 hashtag!
- Upload the suggested #Erasmus500 cover image on your social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Upload a photo to Instagram and caption it with one of the suggested captions. NOTE: Instagram does not support hyperlinks in captions. You must add the link into your Bio (Click “Edit Profile” to add the following website URL: https://erasmus500.eu). Then, direct your followers to the link by adding “Click the link in my bio to read all about #Erasmus500!” to your caption.
- Look out for other ways to get involved in the future, like Twitter chats and #Erasmus500 online forums and Erasmus Salons.
Next to #Erasmus500, use existing hashtags about related topics to support more visibility: #Erasmus #ErasmusPlus #HigherEducation #Universities #HigherEd #MobilityGrant #StudentMobility #Student #Students #Inclusiveness #Transparency #EUmobility #StudyAbroad #SocialMobility #Education #Internationalisation #StudentExchange #SocialChange
Announcing your support to #Erasmus500
- We fully support #Erasmus500. Let’s work together towards a more inclusive & transparent #Erasmus grant system with a universal baseline of 500€/month! https://erasmus500.eu.
- All #HigherEdu #Erasmus students to receive the same 500€/month grant regardless of where they are travelling from/to. We support #Erasmus500! https://erasmus500.eu.
Suggested tweets and Facebook posts
- Join #HigherEd leaders, #student organisations and advocates of #Erasmus500 as we gather to move towards a more transparent & inclusive #ErasmusPlus grant system. Join the community of supporters at https://erasmus500.eu.
- The new #Erasmus programme is around the corner and we can take action to make it simpler, more transparent and inclusive. Join us and @Uni_Foundation, @ESN_Int, @ESUtwt as we advocate for a #MobilityGrant baseline of 500€/month: https://erasmus500.eu.
- Real change happens when we collectively take responsibility for what we believe is fair. Your support can make a difference. Join us and hundreds of supporters as we advocate for #Erasmus500 to become a reality in the next #Erasmus programme: https://erasmus500.eu.
- #SocialMobility through #StudentMobility. Join us at making the new #Erasmus programme more inclusive, transparent and empowering for all. For more information see https://erasmus500.eu. #Erasmus500
- The time for #SocialChange is now. Join us and many other #HigherEd institutions, student organisations and individuals at fighting for more #inclusiveness and #transparency in the new #ErasmusPlus programme. Read more about it at https://erasmus500.eu. #Erasmus500
Suggested Instagram posts
- Join Higher Education leaders, student organisations and advocates of #Erasmus500 as we gather to move towards a more transparent & inclusive #Erasmus grant system. Join the #Erasmus500 community of supporters. Check out the link in our bio for more info. #HigherEd #MobilityGrant #Erasmus #Students #Universities
- Real change happens when we collectively take responsibility for what we believe is fair. Your support can make a difference. Join us and hundreds of supporters as we advocate for #Erasmus500 to become a reality in the next #Erasmus programme. Check out the link in our bio for more info. #HigherEd #MobilityGrant #ErasmusPlus #Universities
- #SocialMobility through #StudentMobility. Join us at making the new #ErasmusPlus programme more inclusive, transparent and empowering for all. Follow the #Erasmus500 link in our bio for more info. #HigherEd #MobilityGrant #Universities #Students
- Social Media cover images: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Facebook images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Twitter images: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Instagram images: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Instagram stories: 1, 2, 3
- LinkedIn images: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Supporter badge: 1, 2
- #Erasmus500 declaration PDF